AOC Is Let Off The Hook Despite Investigation Exposing Crooked Million Dollar Deal
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and her former chief of staff have some explaining to do after a two-year Federal Election Commission investigation revealed their findings.
The FEC found that Ocasio-Cortez’s former chief of staff, Saikat Chakrabarti, funneled $1 million through two left-wing political action committees.
Despite their findings, the FEC has decided not to prosecute.
“The FEC has gone after a whole host of people whose violations are dwarfed by the scale of this scheme,” Paul Kamenar, the attorney for the National Legal and Policy Center, said in a statement to the outlet. “It appears to be not prosecutorial discretion, but prosecutorial favoritism.”
Despite the findings, the FEC’s six-member panel voted to dismiss a government watchdog complaint against the Congresswoman’s campaign last month, the filings released Thursday show.
Last week, the National Legal and Policy Center, which sent its 36-page complaint to the FEC in March, 2019, filed a lawsuit against the federal agency in Washington DC federal court, blasting the investigations panel — made up of three Democrats and three Republicans — for not providing a reason for its dismissal of the complaint. Three Democrats and one Republican voted to dismiss the complaint, filings show.
“It was highly irregular for the FEC to release its statement of reasons after the deadline for us to file suit,” said Tom Anderson, director of the NLPC’s Government Integrity Project.
You could rest assured that if a Republican had done the same thing there would be a different result.
Think about all of the nonsense allegations brought against former President Donald Trump, not one of them panned out. But, when a two-year official investigation finds that AOC violated campaign laws nothing happens.
The FEC waited more than 30 days after their vote to not prosecute AOC to release the findings of their two-year investigation.
Washington Examiner | New York Post