Both Democrats And News Orgs Promoted False Palestinian Claims – Look at the Evidence
A number of news publications instantly promoted accusations from the Hamas-run Palestinian Health Ministry on Tuesday which falsely claimed that Israel killed 500+ people after bombing a hospital inside Gaza.
The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) released evidence that clearly showed the explosion was not caused by an aerial bomb and did not even strike the hospital, it exploded in a parking lot. The IDF also released intercepted communications from Hamas terrorists where they said the explosion was caused by a rocket fired by the Palestinian Islamic Jihad.
A U.S. Intelligence agency confirmed that it had “satellite and other infrared data showing a launch of a rocket or missile from Palestinian fighter positions within Gaza,” according to a report from The New York Times.
“While we continue to collect information, our current assessment, based on analysis of overhead imagery, intercepts and open-source information, is that Israel is not responsible for the explosion at the hospital in Gaza yesterday,” said Adrienne Watson, a spokeswoman for the National Security Council.
According to the Daily Wire, some of the publications that promoted this false claim in headlines and on social media included:
- Bloomberg News: “Hundreds of Palestinians were killed in an Israeli airstrike that hit a Gaza City hospital, according to officials in the territory, in what would make it the deadliest bombing since Oct. 7.”
- The Associated Press: “BREAKING: The Gaza Health Ministry says at least 500 people killed in an explosion at a hospital that it says was caused by an Israeli airstrike.”
- CNN: “Hundreds killed in Israeli strike on Gaza hospital, Palestinian officials say.”
- Reuters: “Hundreds killed in Israeli air strike on Gaza hospital – health authorities.”
- BBC News: “Hundreds of people have been killed in an Israeli strike on a hospital in Gaza, according to Palestinian officials.”
- The New York Times: “Israeli Strike Kills Hundreds in Hospital, Palestinians Say.”
- The Wall Street Journal: “Israeli Airstrike on Gaza Hospital Kills More Than 500, Palestinian Officials Say.”
Democrats who have an extensive history of anti-Semitism also promoted the false claims.
“Israel just bombed the Baptist Hospital killing 500 Palestinians (doctors, children, patients) just like that,” Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) posted on social media. “@POTUS this is what happens when you refuse to facilitate a ceasefire & help de-escalate. Your war and destruction only approach has opened my eyes and many Palestinian Americans and Muslims (sic) Americans like me. We will remember where you stood.”
In one of its first tweets about the bomb at al-Ahli al-Arab hospital, The New York Times used a photo from a different bombing site.
— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@yashar) October 18, 2023
Hi @andersoncooper, why are you showing footage of completely destroyed buildings and rubble when talking about the hospital parking lot explosion when neither of those things are present there? https://t.co/WALnzuA2XF
— AG (@AGHamilton29) October 18, 2023
Israel just bombed the Baptist Hospital killing 500 Palestinians (doctors, children, patients) just like that. @POTUS this is what happens when you refuse to facilitate a ceasefire & help de-escalate.
Your war and destruction only approach has opened my eyes and many… https://t.co/mZYoifT7bj
— Rashida Tlaib (@RashidaTlaib) October 17, 2023