Dem Congresswoman Intros Insane Gun Control Bill Planned To Be Rammed Through Congress
Texas Democrat Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee has introduced a gun control bill that Democrats want to ram through Congress.
Gun advocates say the bill is “insanity on steroids” (it is), one of the realities of this bill other than it’s blatant disregard for the Bill of Rights, is that if passed it would make firearms only for the elite, they would be the only ones able to afford it.
H.R. 127 would give gun owners three months to report every firearm they own to the government so it can be added to a public database.
- (1) REQUIRED INFORMATION.—Under the firearm registration system, the owner of a firearm shall transmit to the Bureau—
- “(A) the make, model, and serial number of the firearm, the identity of the owner of the firearm, the date the firearm was acquired by the owner, and where the firearm is or will be stored; and
- “(B) a notice specifying the identity of any person to whom, and any period of time during which, the firearm will be loaned to the person.
- “(2) DEADLINE FOR SUPPLYING INFORMATION.—The transmission required by paragraph (1) shall be made—
- “(A) in the case of a firearm acquired before the effective date of this section, within 3 months after the effective date of this section; or
- “(B) in the case of a firearm acquired on or after the effective date, on the date the owner acquires the firearm.
- “(A) IN GENERAL.—The Attorney General shall establish and maintain a database of all firearms registered pursuant to this subsection.
- “(B) ACCESS.—The Attorney General shall make the contents of the database accessible to all members of the public, all Federal, State, and local law enforcement authorities, all branches of the United States Armed Forces, and all State and local governments, as defined by the Bureau.
Gun owners would be forced to pay $800 in insurance to own a firearm and every gun owner would be required to apply for a national gun license issued by the Attorney Generals office.
The national firearm license law would be the following:
- “(A) GENERAL LICENSE.—Except as otherwise provided in this subsection, the Attorney General shall issue to an individual a license to possess a firearm and ammunition if the individual—
- “(i) has attained 21 years of age;
- “(ii) after applying for the license—
- “(I) undergoes a criminal background check conducted by the national instant criminal background check system established under section 103 of the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, and the check does not indicate that possession of a firearm by the individual would violate subsection (g) or (n) of section 922 or State law;
- “(II) undergoes a psychological evaluation conducted in accordance with paragraph (2), and the evaluation does not indicate that the individual is psychologically unsuited to possess a firearm; and
- “(III) successfully completes a training course, certified by the Attorney General, in the use, safety, and storage of firearms, that includes at least 24 hours of training; and
- “(iii) demonstrates that, on issuance of the license, the individual will have in effect an insurance policy issued under subsection (d).
The bill makes it illegal for an 18 year old to own a firearm despite being able to enlist in the military at age 18, this would be a violation of their constitutional rights.
The bill is insane and we didn’t even mention the expected “assault weapons” ban.