Have You Seen What Ron DeSantis Just Released? Watch
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis let the world see his presidential economic policy agenda while on the campaign trail on Monday in New Hampshire.
The platform is being called a “Declaration of Economic Independence,” which is a 10-point policy outline that mirrors the agenda that DeSantis has pursued in Florida.
The 10-point plan includes:
- Ending America’s “abusive relationship” with China by reversing “ever-increasing trade deficits, reshore capital and supply chains, and demand that American companies act in accordance with American interests,” the campaign says.
- Achieving 3% economic growth by cutting Biden-era regulations, lowering taxes, and incentivizing investment in the U.S.
- Making America Energy Independent by utilizing the vast domestic energy resources the U.S. has and modernizing the U.S. grid for future growth and national security reasons.
- Clamping down on woke ESG initiatives in major corporations
- Returning the U.S. to an economic system of meritocracy
- Reforming the education system by “support[ing] school choice nationwide, protect[ing] parental rights, reform[ing] accreditation, and steer[ing] funding toward programs and institutions that support the jobs of the future.”
- Protecting American jobs from those who illegally enter the U.S. by enforcing federal immigration laws and securing the border.
- Reining in the Federal Reserve by appointing a Chairman “who will focus on maintaining a stable dollar instead of the political pressures of the day.”
- Ending corporate bailouts and “requir[ing] more transparency from big banks and financial actors.”
- Ending reckless government spending.
Florida has been ranked as the best economy in the nation. The CATO Institute currently ranks Florida as the top state in the country for fiscal policy freedom, which it says consists of “taxes, government employment, spending, debt, and fiscal decentralization.” The institute also ranks Florida first in economic freedom, which includes fiscal and regulatory policy. The state also leads the country in new business startups.
Take a look at this post:
— Team DeSantis (@TeamDeSantis) July 31, 2023