Sen. Ted Cruz Schools AOC on the History of Racism in Democratic Party – Watch
The news broke on Monday with the NAACP’s announcement of a “travel advisory” for Florida. Many on right immediately spoke out against the wildly partisan advisory because it was based on bogus allegations that the state’s GOP governor, Ron DeSantis, was “openly hostile” to the black community and allegedly doesn’t want black children to learn black history.
Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) went on Twitter to express his outrage over how far the organization has fallen over the years.
“This is bizarre. And utterly dishonest,” Cruz wrote. “In the 1950s & 1960s, the NAACP did extraordinary good helping lead the civil rights movement. Today, Dr. King would be ashamed of how profoundly they’ve lost their way.”
Apparently one of the left’s leading ladies, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, lost her mind. She wasn’t alone, when one of her compadres from the left said the Sen. Cruz would have been first in line to filibuster the Civil Rights Act, Cruz responded, “Nonsense. That shameful filibuster was led by Democrats—your party.”
“My party—the Republicans—proudly voted for the Civil Rights Act in much higher percentages than the racist Dems.”
AOC joined in on the action, thinking she had a “gotcha” with her message to Cruz: “Why don’t you go ahead and tell people what happened to the parties after that, Ted.”
Cruz did not have a problem with that:
“First, the Dem party founded the KKK.
– Then the Dem party wrote Jim Crow laws.
– Then the Dem party filibustered the Civil Rights Act.
Today, the Dem part[y] filibusters school choice—trapping millions of Black kids in failing schools.
– Today, the Dem party pushes for abolishing the police, which results in many more Black lives murdered.
– Today, every Dem senator voted against my bill to stop DC from throwing 40% of Black kids out of schools bc of vax mandate.
The Republican Party was founded to oppose slavery.
– Our first Republican President was Abraham Lincoln, who won the Civil War and ended slavery.
– It was Republicans who voted for the civil Rights Act in a much higher percentage than racist Dems.
– Today, we produced the lowest African-American unemployment EVER, under the Trump economic boom.
– Today, we produced the lowest African-American poverty levels EVER, under the Trump economic boom.
– Today, (in 2017) I passed the largest expansion of federal school choice EVER (making 529 plans cover K-12), over the objection of ever single Senate Dem.
– Also, just two years ago, the Dem governor of Virginia had put the photo of A MAN DRESSED AS A KKK KLANSMAN on his personal yearbook page.
– And today, the sitting Dem President—Joe Biden—gave in 2011 a flowery eulogy for an “Exalted Cyclops” of the KKK.
– And to add to all that, the Dem party aggressively supports open borders—which has led to the deaths and brutal assaults of thousands of Hispanics, and @aoc somehow can’t seem to find her White pantsuit to cry over their suffering.”
Guess who would’ve been first in line to filibuster against the voting rights act, and the civil rights act. Yes, Ted Cruz! https://t.co/ZljiJED3P8
— Norman Ornstein (@NormOrnstein) May 22, 2023
Why don’t you go ahead and tell people what happened to the parties after that, Ted https://t.co/fiJgIgVZHO
— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) May 23, 2023