Texas Gov. Abbott Hand Delivers This Message to Biden
President Joe Biden finally visited the southern border with Mexico, and Texas Governor Greg Abbott (R) hand-delivered a message to him.
The letter started with this: “Your visit to our southern border with Mexico today is $20 billion too little and two years too late. Moreover, your visit avoids the sites where mass illegal immigration occurs and sidesteps the thousands of angry Texas property owners whose lives have been destroyed by your border policies.”
Needless to say, the governor was not impressed with Biden’s sudden willingness to make this visit, especially after he had said previously that he had more important things to do.
“Even the city you visit has been sanitized of the migrant camps which had overrun downtown El Paso because your Administration wants to shield you from the chaos that Texans experience on a daily basis,” the letter continued.
Abbott got right now to the nitty gritty with the president, “This chaos is the direct result of your failure to enforce the immigration laws that Congress enacted.”
The governor also addressed that previous administrations had kept the U.S. border significantly safer and during Biden’s time in office, illegal immigration has exploded and is the worst in the history of the country.
“Your open-border policies have emboldened the cartels, who grow wealthy by trafficking deadly fentanyl and even human beings,” the letter said. “Texans are paying an especially high price for your failure, sometimes with their very lives, as local leaders from your own party will tell you if given the chance.”
The bottom line: Abbott told Biden that he was violating his constitutional obligation “to defend the States against invasion through faithful execution of federal laws.”
Abbott suggested that after was done doing his “photo-ops” in El Paso, these were the priorities he should commit to:
- You must comply with the many statutes mandating that various categories of aliens “shall” be detained, and end the practice of unlawfully paroling aliens en masse.
- You must stop sandbagging the implementation of the Remain-in-Mexico policy and Title 42 expulsions, and fully enforce those measures as the federal courts have ordered you to do.
- You must aggressively prosecute illegal entry between ports of entry, and allow ICE to remove illegal immigrants in accordance with existing federal laws.
- You must immediately resume construction of the border wall in the State of Texas, using the billions of dollars Congress has appropriated for that purpose.
- You must designate the Mexican drug cartels as foreign terrorist organizations.