Whoopie Is Leaving Twitter…Whoopi! – Watch
Well, Whoopi has finally had it with Twitter, and she announced on Monday that she is officially leaving the social media platform. I wonder what Elon Musk will do with her.
Speaking on “The View,” Goldberg said she decided to delete her Twitter account because of how “messy” the platform has become under Musk’s control.
“I’m getting off today because I just feel like, you know, it’s so messy, and I’m tired of now having had certain kinds of attitudes blocked, and now they’re back on,” Goldberg said.
“I’m gonna get out, and if it settles down enough and I feel more comfortable, maybe I’ll come back,” she added. “But as of tonight, I’m done with Twitter.”
Later in the show, Goldberg made some really interesting comments regarding “some speech” in America. She said that “some speech” is not “OK free speech.” And she suggested that Twitter or the government must regulate the content on Twitter.
“All speech is not free speech. Some speech is not OK free speech,” Goldberg said. “You know what? This is our problem, but it ain’t my problem today, because I’m out!”
I’m pretty sure that nobody from anywhere really cares that much about whether or not Whoopi has a Twitter account.
There were a bunch of folks who did not even know that she had an account on Twitter, but now celebrated her decision to leave:
- “Thank you, @WhoopiGoldberg,” former U.S. ambassador Richard Grenell said.
- “[P]eople were only on twitter to follow the gentle musings of whoopi its all over now,” journalist Tim Pool mocked.
- “Whoopi Goldberg announced she has left Twitter because of Elon Musk. I just want to thank Elon for doing such a good job at running off these crazy entitled liberals,” comedian Terrance Williams reacted.
- “Whoopi Goldberg was on Twitter?” another person reacted.
- “I have never seen a Tweet by Whoopi Goldberg. I honestly didn’t know she had an account here,” another person said.
- “Didn’t she also say that she was going to be moving to Canada if Trump was elected president? I’m still waiting for that one,” one person pointed out.
She followed through and her account was deactivated.
— The View (@TheView) November 7, 2022